Mary's Library

Thursday, June 22, 2006

What I'm Reading



For the last week I've been wallowing -- wallowing -- in junk. What a treat!

To start with the worst, I'm half-way through The Devil Wears Prada (©2003) by Lauren Weisberger. Makes me want to see the movie.




And I’ve read not one but two 600-page Elizabeth George mysteries, Deception on His Mind (©1997) and In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner (©1999.) Great stuff.




Today I finished the most recent of the Susan Kandel’s Cece Caruso mysteries, Shamus in the Green Room (©2006), which has nothing to do with the theater and everything to do with surfing and not incidentally, Dashiell Hammett. Her previous Cece Caruso mysteries are I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason (©2004) and Not a Girl Detective (©2005), about a Nancy Drew fan club.



And I’m reading How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) (©2004) by Ann Coulter. She's a hoot. But then you don't have to be a conservative Republican to recognize that outrageous she may be, but she's often absolutely right about politics.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM PDT , Blogger Lisa Guidarini said...

The Devil Wears Prada has intrigued me from the get go! I keep wanting to dismiss it but keep reading reviews that are actually impressively favorable. Still, when I'm in the mood to really wallow I generally want to go the psychological mystery route. Have also taken a trot down the Regency romance path, between thee and me, and there are a few very entertaining writers in that genre. Very interesting mix of reads in this post, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home