Mary's Library

Friday, August 04, 2006

Miss Woodhouse and Henry James




Back in the middle of May I reported that Miss Woodhouse had pulled a volume of Henry James off the shelves in the bedroom. That volume contained his early novels, including The Americans and The Europeans. I was never able to get her to tell me what she was looking for.

Well, she's done it again, this time with the volume contraining the novels from 1896 to 1899, including The Spoils of Poynton, What Maisie Knew, and The Awkward Age.

Once again I appeal to my readers. Why is the cat pulling these volumes of Henry James novels off the shelf? What is it that she wants to read?

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM PDT , Blogger Lisa Guidarini said...

Kitty has VERY refined reading tastes. I commend her for that. My own four-legged companion, a 1-year old Jack Russell Terrier named Taffy, went through a phase in which ripping spines off books seemed a worthy pastime. Her worst offense involved a 100 year old set of "Character Sketches," and you can believe me I felt positively sick over that! I'd like the opportunity to send Taffy to spend time with Miss Woodhouse. Perhaps she could talk some feline sense into her....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home