Mary's Library

Monday, October 23, 2006

Brrrrrrrr


Did you know that it’s the blue line on your thermostat that controls the heat and that the red controls the air conditioning? How much sense does that make? Red-heat; blue-cold. So logical. So wrong.

I decided yesterday that we didn’t need two lines moving back and forth as we changed the setting on the thermostat so I moved the blue line all the way to the left and put the red one up a bit from around 65 to 68. It’s getting down into the low 30s at night and I figured we needed a little more heat in the house.

It was 36 when I got up at 5:30 this morning. Inside! – No, actually that was outside. It just felt like 36 inside (still does.) It was 58 inside. Wilhelm, who isn’t normally allowed to touch the thermostat decided to step in. Fortunately, because I would have had that red line up to 90 and we would still have had no heat and I would still have had no idea why not.

Good thing he has a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home