Mary's Library

Friday, July 07, 2006

Je me rends


My pal dovegreyreader has been talking up Amelie Nothomb, a writer whom she admires. She and The Bluestalking Reader tend to be binge readers and they have both been posting of late about Nothomb as they read their way through her entire oeuvre.

Should I read her too? How to decide?

Today when I checked in on Ex Libris, lo, I found she too has posted about Amelie Nothomb. So what could I do? Obviously, Everyone Who Reads is reading la belge.

And so I have ordered Stupeur et tremblements from amazon.com. It's been a while since I've read anything in French more rigorous than Tintin, so this may be a challenge. I'll let you know how I do.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM PDT , Blogger Lisa Guidarini said...

In a word, YES! I've just ordered two more Nothomb titles via interlibrary loan today. I need another TBR book like I need an additional hole in me noggin, but I don't hold rational thought in high esteem. Until the library yells at me for having too many checkouts (I currently hover between 50 and 55) I don't plan to slow down, but I do feel sorry for the poor soul who does our interlibrary loans. Mental note: try small gifts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home